nopCommerce CDN Integration
nopCommerce is an open source e-commerce platform that was officially launched in 2008. Over 35,000 stores currently rely on nopCommerce to power their online stores and the source code has been downloaded over 2 million times. nopCommerce offers users a wide range of features to help them succeed in the online shopping space including multi-store, multi-vendor, shipping features, marketing, and much more. They also have some high-profile users including companies such as:
- The North Face
Apart from having the proper e-commerce features available at your disposal, you should also prioritize website performance in order to ensure your potential customers aren’t waiting too long for your website to load. An easy way to increase the speed of your nopCommerce site is to implement a CDN, or content delivery network. This guide will walk through the simple process of setting up a nopCommerce CDN integration using KeyCDN.
How to Setup a nopCommerce CDN integration
Follow the steps below to integrate nopCommerce with KeyCDN. This integration method works with the following versions of nopCommerce: 2.65, 2.70, 2.80, 3.00, 3.10, 3.20, 3.30, 3.40, 3.50, 3.60, 3.70, 3.80, 3.90, 4.00.
- Before starting the integration process, create a Pull Zone in your KeyCDN dashboard.
- Download the nopAccelerate extension and upload it via the nopCommerce backend
- Navigate to Administration > Configuration > Plugins and click the button “Reload list of Plugins”.
- Click the install button for the nopAccelerate extension.
- Once the installation is complete, navigate to Plugins > nopAccelerate CDN.
- Enter your Zone URL or Zonealias in the CDN Hostnames field (e.g.
https://cdn.yourwebsite.com/). Be sure to include the protocol (
https://) as well as the trailing “/”.
- Restart your nopCommerce application by clicking on the “Restart Application” link in the upper right corner of the nopCommerce admin panel.
That’s it! You can now check your page source to verify that your static assets are now using the CDN URL you defined instead of your origin URL.
Benefits of Using a nopCommerce CDN Setup
Now that your nopCommerce CDN integration is complete, your website will receive a boost in performance and a reduction in latency. There also exist many other benefits to users who accelerate their nopCommerce sites with KeyCDN. This includes:
- Access to our complete network of POPs for greater global availability and speed
- Brotli support for better compression and smaller file sizes
- HTTP/2 support for reduced latency and optimized content delivery
- Free Let’s Encrypt SSL support
Check out KeyCDN’s full list of features to learn more about the advantages nopCommerce users experience when integrating their site with KeyCDN.