Enabling Two-Factor Authentication
Two-factor authentication helps improve account security by requiring the user to provide two forms of authentication in order to log in. This increases the difficulty for an attacker to compromise an account since even if they obtain a password they must also provide the secondary means of authentication.
Enabling two-factor authentication is easy and can be done in just a few steps.
- Log in to the KeyCDN dashboard.
- In the left navigation sidebar click Account and then Authentication.
- Under Two-factor authentication click Enable.
- Scan the QR code or add the two-factor authentication secret manually with your preferred two-factor authentication app.
- Provide the auth code generated by your two-factor authentication app.
- Click Enable.
The next time you log in to KeyCDN, provide your username and password along with the auth code generated by your two-factor authentication app.
If you would like to generate a new secret or remove the current secret, this can also be done from same location within the KeyCDN dashboard. Note that removing the secret will disable two-factor authentication.