CS-Cart CDN Integration
CS-Cart is a feature-packed ecommerce platform that started in 2005 and now has over 35,000 online stores using it. If you’re running an ecommerce site, you’ll want a platform that will help boost sales, is adaptable, is SEO optimized, and is easy to use. CS-Cart has the ability to do all of those things and more.
CS-Cart is also optimized for speed. Their features page states that they score a 92 out of 100 in Google’s PageSpeed Insights test. Although this will certainly vary depending on the number of add-ons, images used, etc it’s safe to say that the platform developers have speed in mind. However, as more images are added to your site and users from across the globe start accessing it, you’ll greatly benefit from an additional speed boost.
This is where KeyCDN comes in. In this article, we’ll show you how to easily integrate KeyCDN with your CS-Cart site for faster speeds, better usability, and higher conversion rates.
How to Setup a CS-Cart CDN Integration
There currently isn’t any free CDN integration method with CS-Cart. Therefore, an addon must be purchased for $30 to integrate your KeyCDN with CS-Cart. Follow the simple steps below to complete the integration.
- Before starting the integration process, create a Pull Zone in your KeyCDN dashboard.
- Purchase the Content Delivery Network Add-on for CS-Cart from the CS-Commerce website. Before Adding to Cart, select the “Free Installation” checkbox and enter your domain URL. Note that this plugin must be purchased directly from the developer website as CS-Cart does not allow paid plugins to be purchased from their marketplace yet.
- Once you’ve purchased the add-on, you should receive an email from CS-Commerce and instructions on what to do next in terms of installation.
- Once the plugin has been installed, it’s time to configure it. Simply enter your Zone URL or Zonealias in the addon’s CDN URL field and ensure the Cache images, Cache css files, and Cache js files options are all enabled.
- Open your site and check the page source. Verify that your static assets have been converted to use the CDN URL instead of the origin domain.
Benefits of Using a CS-Cart CDN Setup
Now that your CS-Cart CDN integration is complete, your website will receive a boost in performance as content will be delivered from the nearest possible edge server instead of the origin. There also exist many other benefits to users who accelerate their CS-Cart sites with KeyCDN. This includes:
- Low volume-based pricing
- Complete access to our growing global network of POPs
- A CDN that supports Brotli for better compression results and smaller file sizes
- Free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificates for a safer and faster website
Check out our full list of features to learn more about the advantages offered to clients who use KeyCDN as their content delivery network provider.